Monday, April 23, 2012

Bar Harbor, ME :)


Our last and final stop was in Bar Harbor, ME.  The entire car ride while traveling through Maine was beautiful.  There were so many neat places to stop along the way to shop and take pictures of.  Maine is known for a few things...pottery, blueberries, and lobster.  Luckily, I got to experience all three!  There was a really cute pottery shop that we stopped at before we got to Bar Harbor.  I thought the name was fitting, and it had some really pretty pottery.  
When we arrived in Bar Harbor, we got to stay at the luxurious Harborside Hotel, where we had a great view of the marina and bay.  This town constantly has boats and ships coming in and out, full of tourists that like to come to spend the day exploring the shops and restaurants.  I really enjoyed the stores and we got to eat at some great places.  An interesting ice cream shop that we stopped in had many different kinds of flavors...so many in fact that one flavor was lobster.  Even though I love seafood...I was NOT brave enough to try this!  I couldn't imagine how it would actually taste good!  
One of my favorite parts about this town is that it is actually the first place in the United States that gets to see the sunrise.  Of course, one morning, my family and I had to get up to experience this first hand.  A great spot to view the sunrise is from Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park.  It is a short drive (15 min) from the town.  While waiting for the sun to rise, I saw some really interesting looking rocks.  The rocks that were atop the mountain were so colorful and had a lot of pink specks on them.  I'm not sure what kind of rocks they were, but of course I had to take pictures of them.  Finally, when the sun started to rise, I realized that waking up early was totally worth it.  I was amazed at how gorgeous it was!  
If you are looking for another great place to visit, you should really consider a trip to Maine.  It is such a peaceful and relaxing place with wonderful scenery.  If you have any questions about it...please ask!






















3 comments:

  1. I would NOT try lobster ice cream! I've always wanted to camp in Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to Maine and enjoyed it. But Lobster Ice Cream is a bit too strange for me!

    ReplyDelete