Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New York City!


One place that I really enjoy visiting is New York City.  I have been there many times and I like to go at least once a year to visit.  My good friend moved up there about a year and a half ago and is working for a fashion designer named Norma Kamali.  My friend, Hannah, lives in Queens and commutes by subway every day into Manhattan for work.  I recently visited her a few months ago and we did a lot of sightseeing. We went to a lot of places that I have been to before and I had the chance this time to take some pretty cool pictures.  
Hannah's apartment is located right beside a subway stop in Queens.  You can actually see the track right outside her window...only a few feet away!  You would think that it is pretty noisy, which it is at first, but you get used to it after a while.  You don't really notice it so much at night because there aren't as many subways that run that often during the nighttime. Some of the places that we ventured to were the Brooklyn Bridge (one of my favorite places in New York), Wall Street (during the Occupy protest), and Staten Island.  When we took the ferry over to Staten Island, we had some great views of the Statue of Liberty and the New York skyline.  We also went to the High Line in the West Village.  The really cool thing about this is that they've taken an old and abandoned railroad track and transformed into into a garden walkway.  I was able to get some great  sunset pictures from the High Line!
New York is a great place to go to because there are a million things to do and see there.  I always enjoy seeing Broadway shows when I have the chance.  So far, I have seen The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Legally Blonde, Wicked, and Phantom of the Opera.  All of them have been spectacular.  I would highly recommend seeing a Broadway show at least one time. It is worth it, I promise!
I have visited a lot of other landmarks and have been to a lot of cool places in the city.  If you have any questions about New York and where to go or stay etc., let me know.  Enjoy the pics :)

View of subway track from Hannah's apartment











1 comment:

  1. Love the bridge pictures. You are very talented. I hope you continue to keep this blog after our class is over.

    ReplyDelete