Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sanibel & Captiva Islands, FL :)

Hi everyone! After thinking through it this weekend, I’ve decided to blog about places that I’ve traveled and share some of the photography that I’ve taken along the way. Photography is a growing passion of mine. Capturing nature’s beauty is so inspiring to me. Whether it is a beautiful landscape, flowers, or wildlife, I’m constantly looking to take pictures of everything in nature. I figured since I’ve been to so many places, from Maine to Florida, and from Montana to Texas, it would be a good idea to share my experiences and photos with you. Who knows…maybe I will do this professionally someday!
The first place that I’d like to talk about is my favorite travel destination, Sanibel & Captiva Islands, FL. I have been traveling to these islands for the past 6 summers. I hope to travel to them every summer for many years to come, or even retire there!

Sanibel & Captiva are the definitions of a beach paradise. With fifteen miles of white, pristine beaches and turquoise-blue oceans, it is no wonder that they attract visitors from all over the world. They are two islands that are connected to each other and are located about a half an hour from Ft. Myers, FL. One of the most exciting aspects of these islands is that they are world renowned for their shelling. Did you know that there are about 250 different kinds of shells that you can find there? This is one of my favorite things to do when I’m vacationing. I spend hours in the ocean searching for new shells to add to my collection. Unfortunately, I think I’m running out of room!

Aside from shelling, there are many quaint shops and restaurants to go to, as well as other activities like taking a bike ride on one of the many bike paths that the islands offer. If you are interested in photography, these islands provide countless opportunities to take pictures of the beaches, wildlife, and breathtaking sunsets.

If you would like any other information on Sanibel & Captiva, please let me know! I’m including a link to a website that gives you more specific information on where to stay, dine, shop, etc. in case you are ever interested in vacationing there. I highly recommend making this your next travel destination!

http://www.sanibel-captiva.org/

Here is a link to a map to show you where it is located: http://sunnydayguide.com/sanibel_captiva/sc_maps.php
























6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Such awesome pictures. This is a great idea. You have a gift for photography and writing about places. Reading your post I would have never guessed it was your first one. I look forward to seeing more of your posts. Only suggestion I would make is show the pictures in a larger format. They are so beautiful, they deserve more space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were doing this on a full time basis or more routine, I would break it up into several posts with a few pictures each. One overview and then a post on great places to eat. One on fun things to do. One on the best beaches and places to find shells, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lauren! These pictures are awesome! I can see why you love photography. Thanks for sharing! Have you only traveled from within the states or outside the states as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the beach!! Reading your post makes me want to look into going there. I am into photography too and it looks like a beautiful place to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren you are super talented! These pictures are amazing! I can't wait to read more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beach as well. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete